With 26 years’ national and international clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist in Learning and Development, Dr Annemarie Lombard based her Doctorate research on comparing sensory profiles with performance, absenteeism and attrition in Contact Centres. As a result she obtained her PhD in Health Sciences from the University of Cape Town in 2012.
She has a particular interest in the dynamics of open plan working and high-impact environments and how this influences performance. A core focus of the work Sensory Intelligence® Consulting does is therefore to address and improve the interactions between people, environments and resulting human behaviours.
This focus ties in with the overall vision to empower individuals, businesses and organisations for greater health, prosperity and success.
Although this is achieved through innovative and revolutionary thinking and doing patterns, the solutions and interventions are simple, practical, tangible and sustainable. Annemarie consults and works with expert individuals and affiliates to deliver customised Sensory Intelligence® interventions across various industries, in order to start all of us rethinking the way we work, live and learn!
Service offerings include:
- Senses at Work (team effectiveness and corporate health & wellness);
- Sensory Audits (measure and manage the physical work environment to improve working conditions);
- Senses on Call (contact centre solutions);
- Senses in Education (teacher and parent workshops); and
- Sensory Coaching (individual sessions)
Annemarie also authored “Sensory Intelligence: Why it is more important than EQ and IQ” and her work has been widely published across print media. She often acts as keynote speaker at conferences.
Professional Affiliations and Awards
Dr Annemarie Lombard
- Registered Occupational Therapist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Professional Category Winner, Business Woman of the Year, awarded by the SACBW (South African Council for Business Women), 2008/9
Sensory Intelligence® Consulting
- Registered Closed Corporation
- BBEEE compliant
- National Gold Award for Best Non-Technical Innovation – Externals, awarded by BPeSA (Business Process Enabling South Africa), 2010